The Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art is accepting resumes for the position of Guest Services Assistant. This is an entry level position offering up to 19 hours per week. Please fax resume and cover letter to 901-271-7241 or email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; resumes accepted through 5 p.m., Friday, March 21, 2014.
Guest Services Assistant (Part-time - up to 19 hours weekly)
Purpose: The Guest Services Assistant will be involved in museum retail operations and customer service relations as pertains to tours and special events. The job involves reconciling the daily receipts, filing, record keeping and acting as greeter to museum guests and visitors.
The job involves working closely with the general public, museum staff and volunteers and often involves working alone and/or on the weekends. The guest services assistant reports directly to the museum director. The Museum is open Tuesday through Sunday.
· Greets and assists museum visitors
· Gives guided tours of the museum to students and adult groups
· Sells museum tickets and gift shop merchandise
· Promotes retail sales
· Maintains gift shop and other areas of museum
· Takes and maintains accurate inventory for museum shop
· Assists guests with facility rentals including set up for events
· Answers incoming calls and fields questions about the museum
· Designs, prepares and maintains the Constant Contact information and email lists
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Abilities:
· High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
· Working knowledge of current office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook); some graphic design useful.
· Minimum of 2 years experience in a retail or customer service position. Museum experience preferred.
· Ability to work with little to no supervision following training period.
· Reliability; good attendance, communication and customer service skills required.
· Any other combination of skills or experience that pertain to the position.
· Professional attire required.